• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2013 Alumacraft Competitor 165 Sport with limited package

sean55337

Do you guys think think this is a good price at $18,000 plus tax and title? This is a left over from 2013. Should I wait for a 2014 or this is a good price.

70hp Yamaha 4 stroke motor

Shoreland'r trailer

Minnkota trolling motor

Humminbird graph basic model

3 seats with air-ride pedestals

2 batteries, transom tie-down straps,

swing tongue

dolly wheel jack

Did you end up buying this boat? I bought the same thing in a tiller model and I love it. The price seems fair considering what I paid in 2013, but I think there is still room for negotiation with either price or upgrades.

I am still deciding since they will not lower the price anymore. Instead, I asked for discount on upgrade such as: trolling motor and electronic but have not hear back yet due to the boat show. Also got a quote with a 90 HP Yamaha 4 strokes for $19,099 plus ttl.

Not sure what you're planning on doing with it besides fishing... but if you plan to do any tubing / skiing / touring, I'd strongly consider the bigger motor... I realize it's another 5%, but it'll be way more expensive to try and upgrade HP after you have purchased the package.

marine_man

The price seems OK to me. One thing I would do is to confirm the model and value of the accessories. Make sure they are this years models and not some 3 year old non-current that the dealer got a good deal on. Having new models might make a big difference when you need service on the trolling motor three years from now and find out MNKOTA doesn't

support that model with parts anymore. Make sure you are getting the best seats and not the bottom of the line. What kind of batteries are you getting and what's their value. There is lots of difference in the storage capacity of batteries and lifecycle.

One thing I did to my boat last year was to add two power points in the dash. Seemed like everyone needsto charge phones, iPods, flashlights, and whatever. I tried to keep this stuff out of the boat, but it was a losing battle. Have the dealer put these in if not equipped.

Spend some time on the websites of the manufacturers of this equipment and get educated. If you have any questions about the quality of the dealer offered equipment FM is a good resource to use.

My buddy has almost that same boat (Navigator 165 Sport) with a 90 yamaha on it. you will be MUCH happier with a 90 than the 70, but the 70 would do fine.

He gets mid to upper 30's for top end with the 90 and is able to pull skiers, wakeboarders without trouble.

Thank you for all the great advices guys. I will keep that in mind when compare prices.

Right now, I just plan to fish but in a few years when my daughter get older maybe take her tubinng/skiing. So I am thinking of the jump seat/ casting deck is worth their $ or not.

I am deciding whether to go with 13 Comp Sport limited package, 90 hp for $19300, basic graph, trolling, swing tongue

Or go with a 14 Comp Sport, 90 hp, basic graph, trolling, and swing tongue for $18350.

Either way, I will upgrade to the ipilot trolling/ graph.

Do you think the extra $1000 is worth it on the limited package?