• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fish house TV signal

I purchased a TV antenna and a TV with a amplifier and hooked it all up today in the driveway. Well, I do not have the amplifier hooked up yet, thats for tomorrow. Amplifier says I will get an even stronger signal, we will see if I recieve more channels tomorrow after I get that all hooked up.

I find it hard to believe that I can recieve 29 channels from this TV and antenna.

Any chance I am somehow pulling a signal off someone's satellite signal? My cable is wired underground so I cannot see I am pulling any signal from my house.

Seem's like way to many channels to recieve with this set up. I am located in a rural small town.

Anyone have the answer to this?

I live in Le Sueur and can pick up over 30 channels in my camper with the antenna. I don't know if you will get that many all the time down by Mankato but you wiil get Fox and CBS from channel 12. While staying at Bray Park on Madison I was able to pick up channels from Rochester once in a while. Usually you have to be within 70 miles of the TV tower to get the signal but weather can make a big difference when we are this far from the cities.

BTW there is an App called Free TV Antenna Helper. It will tell you which signals you can receive by using your GPS signal. It will also show you which direction to point your antenna too.

Del has it right. Most of the stations have sub channels (example:5.1,5.2...etc) along with their regular 4,5,9,11 channels that everyone is accustomed to. These came along with the transition from analog to digital. I just did a scan the other day and I think it was close to the total you had.

Many of the sub channels don't have anything on them so the actual total of channels with actual programming is less than the 29 or so.

BTW, the antenna farm for the metro stations is in Shorewood so try to aim it towards that direction, but by the sounds of it you must be about spot on. You might be able to grab some Mankato channels by swinging it south if you have problems getting the metro channels when you get to the lake, depending on which area you're fishing at the time.

Yes Del, I am recieving numerous sub channels. I thought it could have been due to the change to digital, but I was sure suprised at the number of channels.

After I get the amplifier hooked up, we'll see if my total viewing channels increases any.

Thanks Dan, I am sure when I get to the lake or numerous lakes, I will be truning the antenna to see what I will recieve.

When I did a channel search during the set up of the TV, it said there were 179 channels and I was picking up 29. Who know's, the amplifier may pick a few more of those others also.

Not that I need any more, heck I am going fishing, not TV surfing.

We have a digital setup for our RV and some places we get 4 some 16 and few places, nothing. Depending on how many digital repeaters in the area. The amplified antenna will increase a weak signal to viewable, but it won't find a signal that is just not there.