• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Chequamegon Bay WI

mwal

Has anyone here ever speared Lake Superior's Chequamegon Bay?

it has a 2 fish of over 26 inch regulation. I have a cabin 45 minutes from there and have never thought of trying it till now. I have caught some big ones there in the summer on spoons and rapalas. 15lbs or so

Mwal

My family has a cabin about 40 minutes south. My buddy is a full time guide up there on the big lake, his dad used to be big into spearing out there, he has told me if I ever wanted to go he had a few spots I should try, got out and ice fished superior for the first time with him last weekend and catching those big browns was such a blast I don't know if I could go up there and just spear since you can't angle while spearing out there. The trout averaged between 20-23" and the pike was 37.5"

AF110E91-0BFC-4C07-824A-5FBDB4395F73.jpg

CEF7B367-AE51-4FC0-8B92-5D9CF74B564C.jpg

C7BD2A5A-995A-4750-B2D4-E7BE0AF1AD79.jpg

41993891-07CC-4ED9-A2CD-D184D02ECE7F.jpg

Very nice I am west of you in Barnes. Mighty fine browns and pike. Washburn side by Sioux? Jig the browns or tip/slammers? HOw were ice conditions? I used to go bobbin but that was in early 80's and the ole timers are all gone now used to drag boats behind sled in case wind changed and ice pack floated out to sea. I was never comfortable outside of the bay and when they quit going so did I. Used wire line and heavy lead ball to i think they called them june bug's spoon/jug that clipped in piece if ciscoe or sucker meat. Hard to tell if you had fish and monotonous to wrap wire around hoop/boobing stick. Be safe out there

Mwal

I shouldn't talk about where we were, buddy's secret spot lol. Ice was about 5" or so where we were at. I heard there is more in the bay and people are starting to drive out. We caught them on everything, tip ups, auto's, and jigging. My buddy goes bobbing and wants me to come with this winter, I think it would be fun but couldn't see myself doing it without him.