• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

4-wheeler buying

uncleBuck

Im about to buy my first ATV and with the research ive done ive narrowed it down to 3 choices. The Honda Foreman S 450, The Yamaha Kodiak 400, and the polaris sportsman 500. I was hoping some of u veterens could give me some advice. id really appreciate it. Thanks

I have a 1999 Kodiak, my Dad has a 1995 Kodiak, and to top it off........

the guy that has cattle in on my Dads property has a 1993 Kodiak with 6100 miles on it. Yes! 6100.
We were cutting wood last weekend and he came by on it to check the fence, and I looked at the odometer like I do every time he comes by.
They have never done any major repairs.
Only tires, brakes, oil changes and a set of Ujoints(or something like that in the front end).
I have a measley 700+ miles on mine, and I plan on running it into the ground.
Which may never happen.

uncleBuck,

i have a 1994 Yamaha Big Bear 350, it's been a great machine, I've never had a problem with it. There is one thing I would change if I had it to do over again though, I would buy one that didn't have full time 4 wheel drive, but that's my only complaint.

Ole

Wait until the middle/end of June.
The dealers will be cutting prices on '04 models because they will be getting '05 models in at that time. At least they were at Larson's & Bristows.
I bought a Rubicon at Larson's for a little over $5900 out the door. It was $300 to $400 cheaper than any other Honda dealership that I contacted.
The prices went even lower in July and August, but I needed to ride so I caved in and bought. It was tough to go through the spring and early summer without one.
Maybe you can't wait until June, if you can, you will save a few hundred $.

You really can't go wrong with any of your choices, so it is just a matter of which one you like the best.
When you buy one, try to get the dealer to throw in a good helmet.

Happy trails

I just bought an 04 Honda Rincon about 3 months ago I love it the thing only has 600 miles, only thing I dont like is the 3 1/2 wheel drive but Its all good If you buy a honda watch out I have been haveing problems when you get it at a wierd angle it will stall the dealer says it part of the breakin but I think its way past the breakin but oh well life goes on.

Big Fish Hunter247

My 03' Kodiak 450 just turned over 1400 miles of serious riding(we go OFF road)..

We just encountered our 1st problem... We burnt out a headlight.

Great machines.. they may cost a few bucks more, but you get what you pay for. Be sure whatever machine you get has *true 4 wheel drive*.. or front differential locks.

I just turned over 900 miles on my '02 Sportsman 500 last night. I can't say how pleased I have been with this machine. Granted I don't do a lot of off roading with it, mostly stuff around the farm. Hauling wood, grading, working up the garden, and snow plowing. I do take it through some mud from time to time. I have never had a problem with it. Again it's my personal opinion that a lot of it comes down to maintenance. If you take care of your machine it'll give you years of service...

Thanx for the help fellows i have decided to go with the yamaha kodiak. Did alot of research and took yalls opinion into account and decided it was the best bang for the buck, thanks again