• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tires?

Iambjm

I have a 2007 Polaris EFI500 X2, one of the front tires is low (slow leak), would I be better off having repaired or getting a new set of tires? We were thinking about new ones but the budget is a little tight, any recommendations on a medium priced tire for this?

I always used to get leaks in colder temps, once I switched to a better quality tire, heavier ply tire those problems went away.

I think the best bang for the buck tire is the kenda bearclaw. They last forever and are pretty durable and you cant beat the price.

I think the best bang for the buck tire is the kenda bearclaw. They last forever and are pretty durable and you cant beat the price.

^^^^No reply truer than this^^^^.

AMS Swamp Fox is similar but a little more. Each also come with a deeper lug version as well. If you decide to buy new, try to opt for 6 ply if possible.

I've also seen Carlisle tires work pretty good in the snow as well.

You can repair on the cheap and guys have run the life out of the tires with a plug in them.

lambjm, You may want to consider just taking the tire in and have a tire shop dunk it to see where the leak is coming from. If the tread is good on your tires there's no use spending the money to replace them when all you might need is a small repair. Sometimes a chunk of dirt or a stick gets wedged between the bead and produces a tiny leak or perhaps you just got a pin hole in which case a well installed plug can last forever. Sometimes just taking the tire off the rim, cleaning the bead on the tire and the seal surface on the rim and re-seating the tire does the trick.

I had a slow leak as well right from the day i bought mine. I just took it right to the tire shop and had tubes put in all 4 tires right away and haven't had a problem since. I don't remember the exact cost, but it was pretty cheap

I had a slow leak as well right from the day i bought mine. I just took it right to the tire shop and had tubes put in all 4 tires right away and haven't had a problem since. I don't remember the exact cost, but it was pretty cheap

I also had same problem with my rears until my buddy use my quad and tried to load it on a tilt bed trailer without tilting it and blew the bead on the fronts,ended up installing tubes on all 4 for about $140 with labor.

Another option would be going to local Polaris dealer and getting a set of take offs?

When I bought my Ranger 900XP I had them throw in a set for $500,

And I would bet they retailed about $1200.

My buddy bought new take offs for $400 with nice alum.rims for his 570 RZR so that may be the way to go if you can swing it.