• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

squeaky heater fan

Squeaky blowers are fairly common on GM's. The blower could last another several years making noise. At this point it is just annoying. I will suggest getting an O.E. Blower motor if you decide to replace it. Aftermarket ones typically make a lot of noise right out of the box.

It shouldn't be two hard to replace. Plan on picking up a five and a half (5.5) millimeter socket. There may be a trim panel under the passenger dash, remove that and you should see the blower motor.

Squeaky blowers are fairly common on GM's. The blower could last another several years making noise. At this point it is just annoying. I will suggest getting an O.E. Blower motor if you decide to replace it. Aftermarket ones typically make a lot of noise right out of the box.

+1000

Learned that lesson the hard way, twice. shocked

While not squeaky, they both made more noise overall than the one I was replacing. Went with the OE, problem solved.

It's not that hard to replace but you do have to cut out the motor cup so you can reuse it. Make sure to cut it straight and don't cut any deeper than necessary together it out.

Being a contortionist makes the job a bit easier too. crazy