• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Honda With High Miles

iffwalleyes

I am looking a buying a 1999 Honda Foreman ES with 8000 miles. But I have a couple questions for you guys. First is with that many miles on the machines do you think that I can expect any problems with anything? I know that they are pretty solid machines so I don't expect that to be much of a concern but was just looking for some input. I as also was woundering if you think that $3400 is a fair price for a machine like this? I looked at NADA and Kelly's Blue Book and they showed that price to be right within the range, but they don't have a spot to take mileage into account. So I was just looking for some input and see what some others thought. Thanks Guys

------------------
Grip it and Rip it

IFFWalleyes
I Fish For Walleyes

well all i have to say is that it is a honda they will take a hell of a beating and keep going.....my advice is after you buy it change the oil and the gear oil in the front and back and ride. hondas hold there value and u can not destroy them i payed 4800. for a 2001 with extras and i love that machine ....my advice is you cant go wrong with a honda..ice banger out

8000 miles is alot of miles. Alot depends on how the machine was used .. if it cruised dirt roads endlessly .. 8000 is not terrible, but you want to have someone who knows the machines check it out as close as possible. I would not buy a machine with that many miles without at least a good test ride to try to *surface* existing problems.

If that 8000 miles was heavy trail riding, work, or even a minimal to moderate amount of mud riding .. it will likely be an entire different world. With that many miles it could be time for a rebuild, or very near. Honda has good products, but NOTHING is bulletproof. If you dont work on the machines yourself, you could easily be stuck paying at the end what it cost for a new, or near new machine.

People usually *park* or trade in their machines for a reason.

I would recommend also finding a respectable ATV forum and ask people who ride every day. I do ride every day .. I am constantly maintaining 3 machines .. theres alot more than just *changing the oil*.

Fisherdave has it right. It depends how the machine was used and how the owner treated/maintained the machine. With that many miles, I'd check it out carefully and let a pro take a peek at it.

I would try and get closer to the trade-in value.

1999 Honda TRX450ES Foreman ES
1-Cylinder
4-Stroke
450cc

Trade-In Value (Good Condition) $2745

Dave,
That is what I was wondering where did you find that for the Value at? Is there a place on the net that you can find that out?? Thanks for the replys so far guys.

------------------
Grip it and Rip it

IFFWalleyes
I Fish For Walleyes