• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Minnie the Moose

Last week at our cabin (off the Echo Trail) my wife and I had a visitor that came by frequent enough that we felt compelled to give her a name: Minnie. We captured her on a trail cam for the first time in August, lying in the yard licking a mineral block. The next time we saw her was in "person" when she came by at dusk ... we were shocked to see that she had returned. And last week she came by two or three times, giving us two or three hours of daylight viewing from the deck of our cabin. I only wished that the lighting was better ... backlighting didn't make for the most interesting of pics. But who can complain about such a fantastic opportunity ...

full-700-36638-sept2013moose1.jpg

full-700-36639-jry&moose.jpg

Nice! I had to go all the way to Alaska to see a moose.

Same here! I've never seen a Moose in the lower 48 and would consider myself extremely lucky to have that opportunity.

Great pics, she looks healthy (Maybe a little young and small?) which is great to see.

Yeah, you betcha ... we were on the upper level deck watching, well out of the moose's reach. We did come face-to-face one day when it came out of the woods toward the mineral block, and I came out the ground-level door at about the same time. We both scared each other though I was the one to back off.