• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

My Spear House Build

Canatrapper

Well I had a little time over the weekend and was able to get some time in on my ice shanty. The hole is a 30 by 50. I kind of wish I would have made it a little bigger now. I am excited for my first year.

iceleaders.jpg

Here is a picture of the heater/stove my dad and I worked on. I am a little worried about this getting taken out of my shack? Anyone have thefts? It is just kind of a memento.

heater.jpg

Hope you enjoy looking! Hopefully this winter there will be some pictures of some pike!!!

The HSOforum is autocorrecting the ice s hanty.jpg to ice leaders.jpg

Rename your file on photo buket then relink.

I will repost it for you here though.

full-21342-36622-izeshant.jpg

It is looking good!!!

Pretty sure you are gonna love that shanty design!!!

Maybee you can lock and or chain the woodstove down in there.

I assume it has some legs or a standoff from the floor of some sort?

Merkman,

I just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to show me this house. I am really having fun building it and I think you are right, very functional house for sure. I am planning on taking some black landscaping cloth that I have laying around and stapling it to the paneling before I put that on. That should get it good and dark inside.

Steven

No problem....

It is great to have these forums to bounce ideas off of.

Mike Holmes (Michigan Darkhouse Assn with the plans on line ) and the guy on the you tube video did all the hardwork.

Plus if spearhead had never built this design i would never have seen how functional it really is.

I am very interested in knowing how the landscape fabric works... I paint the styrofoam in mine every year and by the end of the year there is more white than black on most of the walls.

I would also recommend welding some legs on the stove.... there are pics on these forums of a real nice 3 legged setup... that would give you something to lag bolt the stove to the floor if you are worried about it walking away... I will look for the pics later.

I would also recommend welding some legs on the stove.... there are pics on these forums of a real nice 3 legged setup... that would give you something to lag bolt the stove to the floor if you are worried about it walking away... I will look for the pics later.

Resampled_2012-12-24_10-10-20_630.jpg

http://www.hotspotoutdoors.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2978226/#Post2978226

I apologize I should have included spearhead in that thank you as well smile

Spearhead you answered a lot of my questions while I was building!Hopefully I can get going on it again soon. Hard with two kids and a third on the way.

Spearhead, did you insulate your shack????

The shack is not insulated if I did that I could lose the wood stove and heat it with a candle.

The tin are printing plates, they are getting harder to come buy in large sizes now that we're in the digital age. Call around to printing companies and see if they have any used plates you can buy, they can only use them once they they get sold for scrap.