• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fuel Additives

nunzio

Just looking for others thoughts and ideas reguarding fuel additives.
I use Stabil in my fuel, so that I can keep it around longer. Gummed-up my chainsaw by using "old" gas, had to have the carb cleaned. Now I've been using it in all my fuel.
When using Stabil is a de-icer needed in the winter?

Seafoam seems (to me , anyway) to be better at preventing deposits in carb passages on infrequently used motors. In addition, it also stabilizes gasoline.

Sta-bil is good at stabilizing fuel, but I have still had carbs be gunked up after storage, especially on my snomobiles. Since I have gone to Seafoam in the gas, and used a good fogging oil, I have had no more carb issues.

I run a can through my old Bronco and my wife's truck about every fifth tank, and it keeps the injectors and throttle bodies nice and clean.

My auger gas gets a squirt, and the snomobiles also get regular doses in the winter. The chainsaw likes it too.

If you ever listen to AM1500, Paul Brand on Auto Talk is always singing the praises of Seafoam.

Sta-Bil is a fine product, but I have had better results with Seafoam.

Depending how much SeaFoam you put in the gas, you may also notice a different smell out the exhaust.

I've also heard there's so much alcohol in the gas, there's no need for any de-icer. Also, dumpinig regular auto de-icer in may casue problems if too much is used. I haven't used any but I'm not sure of the answers.

I agree with the regular Sea-Foam users. The stuff is "magic in a bottle". I always make sure to dump it in the gas on my ATV because it gets sporadic use in the summer. Starts like it's brand new with that stuff in there.

[This message has been edited by Bornofice (edited 10-28-2002).]

Gissert, I had the same thing happen with my boat after winter storage and stabil in the gas. Like a fool I went to the local "stealership" and they charged me a fortune for a total carb cleaning. On the advise of a friend the next year I used sea-foam in the gas, then run some straight into the carb the first startup of the spring. The thing ran like it was brand new! It sure beats haveing to have the carb cleaned every year. Now I put some in every motor I have.
I read you can run it in all kinds of things --like the Crankcase or transmissions.
Anyone here ever done this or know of anyone that has? --- Results??

Thanks guys for the information. It looks like I'd better give SeaFoam a try. It sounds like it will cut down on my shop bill. After reading the replys I looked in my notebook for my equipment and realized that I've had an awful lot of carb work done. Hopefully this will change.
Thanks again
-nunzio smile.gif
p.s. Greetings Iron Cowboy