• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trailer Chips/Rust

UMC

Do you do some sanding prior to spray painting?

I've heard of spraying bedliner on them, but I wonder if that would be much more durable than paint (unless you had it professionally done with sandblasting, etc...not really looking to spend a grand on my trailer).

One could also get some touch up paint and cover the chips as soon as you notice them. Should keep it from rusting for some time.

if there is some rust present when you notice them, I would clean the rust out, use some primer and then touch it up.

May not be a cure all but it will keep the trailer looking nice.

What color is the trailer??? My first one was white-terrible for rust showing. Probably the cheapest way is to sand and paint and sand and paint and sand and paint. It's a pain!! and so is painting with a spray can!!! If you can paint with a commercial spray gun then you MAY be able to sandblast the trailer to give it a good looking long lasting paint job. The Line-X truck bed coating is expensive but will last a long time. Chips may not be as difficult to repair as painting the complete trailer but before I re-paint a trailer I am looking into getting a new trailer and new boat if the wife isn't looking!!! HaHaHa as if that will ever happen!!!

Mike