• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What do you ride?

I have two 1985 Honda ATC250R'S and one 1988 Honda TRX250R. All are rece machines but I do use them in the woods and trails.Went with some 4x4 machines one year and found that with enough speed I could go through just as much as they did, until the speed slows then its over the bars.What fun we had.
Benny

I used to race moto cross and ice racing, but haven't been activly racing for several years now.The body doesn't recover from the trips over the bars or huge table tops that seem to look small till your 10 feet up looking down.
I like to go up north and hill climb at the old mine pits, and just ride all out on the old roads thier.I am planning on getting a Polaris 700 as soon as my cousin gets through testing his test unit.(his wife is a VP of HR at the company that makes Polaris transmisions).He has the 5oo HO also, but the 700 will clean it's head lights.

Benny

1990 Polaris trail boss 250. Yeah its old and its a 2 stroke, but for what I need it does just great. I have rack extenders on both racks so I can haul 5-gal buckets very well. I use it for ice fishing and with a set of chains it does very well except when there's more than 12" of powder. Rides right over hard packed pretty good.

Grabs, maybe we should ride Redtop together sometime???

Bornofice, "Red Top" ATV Trail is East of Mille Lacs, about 9 miles. It's a designated ATV trail in that area and it is a pretty good one.

Joined just to post this!!! LOL

------------------
01 SP500HO, 2000# Warn, Polaris flat bumper, 25" 589's, Polaris heavy front springs, HSP super Header/muffler, K&N/Outerwear, hypershift clutch kit, 48/40 EBS helix, Reverse light, Fog lights, No front rack, Polaris rear aluminum box

Am I the ONLY ONE out there riding a YAMAHA ??!!
2001 BIG BEAR 400 W/ WARN WINCH AND 5' BLADE
Well ...It works for me !!!
Plows ,hunts, and gets me on the ice (if we ever get any !!!!) Next week......4 miles out on URL,,,,,,,,think I'll bring chains for the front to improve handling.

Twitter,

Looks like you are! I don't have an ATV yet, but am going shopping with my wife this weekend. My friends are all diehard Yamaha fans, and their Kodiaks 4x4s seem unstoppable. I'm trying to get over the sticker shock on the '02 Grizzly, but it seems like anything less would be uncivilized?! Between the 4-wheel indy suspension, horsepower, ground clearance, etc. etc. and the Yamaha name, how could you go far wrong???

In august I purchased a Yamaha Grizzly 660. After much debating between the Sportsman 500 and the Grizzly. The thing that pushed me to Yamaha was the fact that I went out on both machines, when going through wet areas and though mud puddles, the transmission on the Polaris slipped quite a bit. I've heard they fixed the problem, butthat Grizzly is sure a nice machine, I didn't like the price tag, but I'll have it for many years. I just got to keep reminding myself of that.

Right now I ride a 1999 Polaris Magnum 325. In the spring, if all goes well, I am gonna trade up to a 2002 Polaris Sportsman 700 Twin. Lets see some things I love about the 325, hmm, quiet (4 stroke), tough as nails, switch on the fly 4X4 and a great smooth ride. As you can see in one of my other posts I am hopin to build a new wheeler too. Next summer is going to be awesome with 3 wheelers.

Dave~
Yes I am very happy with the big tires. In the swamp they are unreal with the light weight of the 300. I can walk circles around other machines all day. 26 inchers would work better I think. Sometimes if I hit a big bump one of the front tires will rub the inside of the mud flap.

WENT RIDING WITH FRIENDS 12-31-01 WE HAD A POLARIS SPORTSMAN 425 AND 500, A HONDA RANCHER & RUBICON AND MY LITTLE RECON. RODE THEM ALL. MY RECON WAS A HIT WITH THE YOUNGER KIDS BECAUSE OF ITS LIGHT WEIGHT AND SPEED. THE POLARIS BY FAR HAS THE BEST RIDE ESPECIALLY ACROSS A PLOWED FIELD,BUT FOR LOOKS AND RAW POWER AND SMOOTH RUNNING THE RUBICON WAS TOPS IN MY BOOK. THE POLARIS 500 ALSO HAS GOOD POWER NOT THE LOOKS OF THE RUBICON WHICH CAN BE AUTO OR ELECTRIC SHIFT. ALL IN WHAT YOUR AFTER I GUESS.

2002 Honda Foreman Rubicon 500

My wife bought me one for Christmaas this year. I had been talking all summer about how I wanted a 4 wheeler and she suprised me with one under the tree. Now that we've moved and in a different area I don't know where to ride. Does anyone have any ideas of trail riding in the St. Cloud area. I moved down from Bemidji MN.
[email protected]

Thanks for weighing in, mmarmorine. And, welcome to FishingMinnesota.com.

I don't have any St. Cloud riding suggestions, but there must be someone out there that does.

2001 Yamaha Kodiak here with a custom 60'plow and winch setup.Talked to many people as well as dealer's before my purchase and the thing that sold me was very low maintenance and even fewer problems on the 2000 "ATV of The Year". So far I am very impressed. Speek up Yamaha riders!

I have a Honda TRX 250X. It is a really fun bike. hard to get around in the snow. I put some studs in the tires and it seems to halp a bit but it is really light and has power so it spins really easily. I also ride the mine dumps around Buhl in the summer. It is really great for that.