• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

LED TV

bought a new 32 inch flat screen westinghouse TV that needs a 5 digit access code to work I called westinghouse and got the run around to no avail anybody have this issue

That is a tuner activation code for if you're going to using an antenna. They are forced to pay royalties for each TV using an antenna. The code is so they don't need to pay for every TV sold. If you're not using an antenna then you don't need one.

I'd try calling the number on the screen again and ask for a manager if they can't help. Write the number on the back for if you ever need it again.

That is a tuner activation code for if you're going to using an antenna. They are forced to pay royalties for each TV using an antenna. The code is so they don't need to pay for every TV sold. If you're not using an antenna then you don't need one.

I'd try calling the number on the screen again and ask for a manager if they can't help. Write the number on the back for if you ever need it again.

Far out. That is the first I ever heard of that.

google to rescue....

Check this out...

http://westinghousedigital.com/support/

and from there to http://wdactivation.herokuapp.com/support/tunercode

for QAM (digital) use 14159. For Analog you need to enter model and serial number.

I helped a buddy remove an 34 tube tv (back breaker) and replace with a 34 inch LED, which I believe was a Westinghouse. SAME EXACT THING HAPPENED. Both of us are techys and we refused to call for about an hour, just kept drinking beer (which may have contributed to the stubbornness). Finally we called them, got the code and BOOM. worked perfect.

We didnt have issues when we called like you so that is strange. They should be getting hundreds of these calls daily.