• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New northland tackle fishing line=garbage!

I just bought a spool of 6 pound test, northland bionic line, what some garbage. I had to leave the knot on the reel loose, if I tried to pull it tight it would snap off very easy. So I spooled up and tried to tie on my jig three times. Every time I gave the line a tug and it would break off at the knot. So I tied the jig to the trilene that I just unspooled, last years line. I wrapped the line around my hand and pulled as hard as I could, couldn't break it. If you thought about trying this dump, don't. Now I'm gonna unspool, return it, and go back to the trilene. Unless I just got a bad spool, that's possible, but I'll never buy that stuff again! Has anyone else had this issue with the northland bionic line?

We wondered the same thing(did I get a bad spool?) when this stuff came out. We got a great "Deal" on it at the NW Sportshow. At least it seemed like a good deal at the time. I now have accumulated 7 spools from my original investment of 2 spools, since my fishing buddies have "gifted" me with all theirs for the same reason you mention. Reminds me of when Vanish came out. Same problem. Hopefully, Northland will get the "bugs" out of Bionic

(maybe they already have done that), but I know it will be a LONG time before some of us try it again. In the meantime, it's the perfect item for re-gifting!

I have heard of the same issues also. Some manufacturers just need to stick with what they know. Northland makes great tackle for any species! Why even try to make line? And sub-par at that. Its tough to persuade a hardcore fisherman to go back to a failed product even after improving it. Just my .02

Had another(the last)Bionic line break on Sat. Thought I had taken it off all my reels, but one had sneaked by. As I said in an earlier post, I hope they fix it, since Northland has always had a good reputation for their products. Ironically, what I would've lost with the line breaking as I was tying it on, was on of my treasured Fireball jigs. And yes, I did wet the line while snugging up the knot. Hadn't even pulled much on it when it snapped, maybe 1lb. of pull on a fresh section of 6lb. line. So much for Bionic.

Past employees from Berkley (pure fishing group) own Northland. Not a good deal. they are trying to compete with their old company.

Bionic is not that good. Tried it and it performs the same as was written prior.

Hearing lots of rumors about Northland....and who will own them soon.

I bought the 3# and 6# bionic line. I snapped the 3# at least 10 times on small bluegills. I have the 6# for walleye and haven't used it. I don't know why I haven't thrown it away, I will never trust this line.

Just disposed of 6 of my 7 spools by "creating" a gift pack. I kept one spool as a reminder that not all deals are truly good deals and that

new doesn't always mean improved.