• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

hey i just decided im going to buy a duck boat. well more of a canoe ish thing but would like yo have opinions of others. i dont really want a duck "boat" with a motor and all that i want more of a canoe so if any tips please tell

You need to get yourself a "blue bill"! They are small 9 1/2 feet long and are narrow enough to just fit between the wheel wells on a s-10 pickup. The weight is not bad, and they can float in a few inches of water. The sides are high and they are rated for a 3hp motor if you choose (you wont need one). The first few feet of the pointed bow are covered for strength and to keep water out if a wave comes over it. The gunwhales SP? are high and have a lip on them to also keep water out. YOu can get two people in but only to "shuttle around" or if you draw your deks in a bag. Otherwise I can get myself, gun, day bag, shell box2, bags of deeks in

I wouldn't trade mine for anything! Especially since my lab has passed. Now I am the retriever.

I could get the info if needed they are made in Webster SD by a company that makes utility buckets and fiberglass stuff like that. They make a few boats a year.

Good luck on your search ! grin.gif

don't have one but I would suggest that it not be longer than 14 ft if hunting by yourself. I have a 17ft cruiser(canoe). and it takes two people to paddle it around. but it good for the river runs. Really easy to glide thru weeds for jump shoting also.

I love my Carsten Pintail. I use a kayak paddle and it is absolutely stealth to the ducks. Very easy to hide this boat in minimal cover.

I commonly have my 100 lb. lab, another person and 2 big bags of decoys and that boat is unbelievable stable. Tight on room with all that stuff, but it gets the job done.