• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hi guys, after much much very much on-line searching, trying to find a magazine cap for a Remington 3.5" pump synthetic 870 express and am having a tough time, my gun jams these 3.5" shells way too often and my option is to take that off to get at it, any on-line places a guy can order that part from ? Thanks. PS. Picture after shot # 1 last Saturday and only about 30 thousand snow geese flew over me after that shot, talk about a sick feeling in your stomach lol. And then to not find the cap after that, in the mud and snow what an experience.

Still flustered, remington HSOforum had 20 and 16 gauge caps, no 12 gauge cmon remington and nice gun, bought 2 synthetic pumps and they are both junk, both jam and haven't gotten a box of shells through either one yet because it's a single shot then clear the jam and do it over and over again. Got fooled in the wingmaster days, those were solid shotguns, this model pump is junk in the 3.5 load.

I see amazon/etc. but need it shipped here by friday is the issue, my single shot pumps geez what a waste of money. A 2nd waste is hypersonic shells 3.5" the recoil is brutal. What happened Remington ? You quit the 3.5" nitro steel T's that used to work brilliantly with 1/2 the recoil, why do your hypersonics jam so bad and leave a guy just dazed and injured ?

Having a hard time picturing how the mag cap is causing the jam issue. FWIW. Most guys chasing snows hard have filtered back to 3" fodder. Way easier on the shoulder and checkbook. Concur with the Hypersonic. Bought a box of 3" out of curiosity. Killed ducks great. Killed my shoulder and ears just as well. Was giving away "trial" rounds to my hunting partners after about a dozen rounds.

10 4 Bryce, it didn't cause the jamming but the only way to un-jam the gun was to take the barrel off, the shell was getting lodged in the barrel and not being pulled back and ejected all with Hypersonic so I'm curious if black cloud etc. will jam. Went to Cabela's last night and I'm good to go again, looked over a full display of hypersonic not a box missing and couldn't hardly find any 3.5" goose loads black cloud style. Fire a 3.5" hyper out of a pump and let me know how you're doin after that, loud and wow the recoil is insane and I found no other steel Remington option last night. I agree Bryce the prices are insane when it went over a buck a shell it's like how high in our lifetime will a box of shells go.