• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I would guess and say there is plenty of ice atleast 20" yet. Last I heard it was getting pretty soft though. That area just got hammered with another snow storm so there is probably a good amount of snow/slush I dont see the temps rising in the forecast.

Best bet would be to call sporstmans cove is webster prior to hitting the road and coming that way.

That's the lake I will be on on the 26th. I wanted to check out Enemy Swim but my buddies farm is right on Waubay so the access is pretty nice.

Well I am glad to here people are riding their wheelers out there. I am a little hesitant about lakes that I have never been ice fishing on before.

we have over 2 ft of ice yet with slush/snow on top but by the 26th I would be real hesitant to travel on it. It is getting weaker and we actually show signs of a slow warming coming in near future. I would keep calling doug at sportsman..he'll tell you what is going on. My bet by then is that i'll be shore fishing...I hope!!

Yeah, even if there is still enough ice, it is going to be pretty messy on top and really hard to get around...and with forecast highs around 70 degrees on Friday and Saturday, whatever ice is left is going to deteriorate quickly...

We typically fish from shore so that would be great if things are melting away. We are up there from 26th to May 6th. My fear is that we wont be able to do any fishing because there is to much ice or not enough.

It's going to be a long week of shooting and riding wheelers. I only have so much ammo frown

Thats tough, probably hitting the transition time. If you dont mind a little driving, Thompson by De Smet South Dakota is close to open, along with a few other lakes in the arlington area, not sure about further north near watertown but they may be an option. Otherwise a trip out to the Missouri may be worth your time as well. Should also throw the James River in there as well. Some decent walleye an pike to be had in the Jim.

Had a great week of ice fishing! My buddy and I easily got our limit on Walleye.

All I have to say is that the people in MN need to learn to put fish back. I have never seen a blue gill the size my buddies dad got. It took up over half of a 5 gallon buckets width! It was pretty sweet! I won't say what lake but it sounds like this can be a common experience in SD.