• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Images in outlook.

For some reason on my laptop which has outlook 2010 as my email program I can never see pictures that are embedded in the message body. When I get the same emails on my iPhone or in different mail programs they show up fine but in outlook it is just a blue outlined box. I also have my business card inserted into my signature and it is always just a black box in outlook but the recipients can see it just fine.

I am thinking it is just a setting or a security function that is blocking them from view but can't pin it down. Any ideas?

I got away from outlook.Have you ever heard of ASK LEO? that site is getting crowded, but he answers lots of questions like this.If hes got to many he referes you to another site.Leo was a original for Microsoft when they started up. Nothing I have seen him not answer.and email programs get real confusing!

PurpleFloyd

There is a fix for this. You have to clear your content.outlook temp folder.

Tried to PM but you're full.

You can manually clear it:

Open regedit

From this location:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\(Highest Number)

search for: OutlookSecureTempFolder

This reg key will tell you where your OLK folder is that needs to be cleared. double click the regkey and copy that location and paste it into explorer to open that location.

Example (see pic below):

Reg Key Locations

Outlook 2007: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Outlook\Security

Outlook 2010: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Outlook\Security

Folder Location

C:\users\josh\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.Outlook\XLCYUT3R

Delete the folder XLCYUT3R (or all files inside)

Don't worry, Outlook will create a new one for you the next time you launch it.

Application to do it automatically:

Google search the following: outlooktempcleaner

You should see a HSOforum howto-outlook dot com

Down towards the bottom you'll see a download link, download that small app and run it

full-27256-31336-capture.jpg

Sorry, that's for another issue if your fix doesn't fix it. I wasn't aware MS has images disabled by default.

We run into this all the time here at work, that temp folder will sometimes hold onto the images it downloads, any image with the same name will duplicate 100x's in that folder (image.jpg; image(2).jpg;) etc. Once you hit the max 100 file names they will not display in Outlook.

The reason to go into the registry is to find the secure outlook temp folder location, not to change or delete anything from it.

Messing with the registry can have some devastating consequences if you mess up. Always make sure you are confident that you are where you think you should be and always, always back up the registry and or at least the key you are changing.

Well, sorry I have not responded to this sooner. I made a few attempts at the fixes above and got nowhere.

I have been trying everything within outlook in all of the settings and it hasn't fixed the problem. I also tried the regedit thing( thanks, BTW) but hit a wall when I got to the Temporary Internet Files\Content.Outlook\XLCYUT3R part as when I got to the temporary internet files, that folder was empty.

I am wondering if there isn't something else like features that are disabled or something. I purchased Outlook from Microsoft with this computer and downloaded it but I have also never had full functionality of the program. Such as when I am writing an email, if I select the insert tab, on my old computer I could go to picture and it would allow me to insert a picture into the email body. In this program in the insert tab all of the functions in the tables, illustrations,links, text and symbols sections are disabled, greyed out and won't do anything. Under the options tab the themes and permission sections are the same way. Under the format text tab about half of the functions work and half don't but the review tab seems to have full functionality.

Under the Format Text tab, I bet it's set to Plain Text.

If it is set to plain text, switch to HTML or Rich Text (HTML is preferred) and all images and functions will show back up. Including images in your emails.

You can choose HTML as default in File>options>mail

For reading mail - check your settings under:

File>Options>Trust Center>Trust Center Settings(button)>Email Security Make sure "Read all standard mail in plain text" is NOT checked.