• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trolling motor what battery?

HandGunner

I just got a sevylor carvelle whole package and all with a great shape minn kota endura 30 lb thrust motor. Now i need a battery for it and have no clue what to get all i know is i need a 12v batter. Im looking for a small battery not car size battery. I have battery chargers at home for. Cars and such yes it should be deep cycle and im not trying to spend $50+ for one. I fish close to shore and on small lakes or big lakes and have areas i stay within. So how long of a run time would be good? I do intend to use the minnkota quite a bit

i never skimp on batteries...always two good ones in my boat....never regretted it...piece of mind when the wind picks up. to quote yogi, "when you need it, you really need it"..unless you have a space issue. same deal with my truck...

I wont be trollin around and fishing i would be getting to a spot and anchoring . A few hours sounds like enough? Whats more realistic for my applications? I need it to be smaller but last me a while per charge i can fish all day but i dont fish in the open and im always around shore and on small lakes bigger lakes i stay in areas i would be fishing from shore or areas you would fish from shore but theres a spot out in the lake not too far that if you had a boat you would go there

So i guess i cant get away from carrying an extra 20-50 pounds from the battery so im considering making a weed eater outboard i guess ill have to go gas what sounds better? Pros and cons of both?

I just cant find a mattery that does not cost more than $30 and will allow me to use my minn kota endura 30 for an hour or 2 without having to get a rediculously big battery

So i guess i cant get away from carrying an extra 20-50 pounds from the battery so im considering making a weed eater outboard i guess ill have to go gas what sounds better? Pros and cons of both?

I just cant find a mattery that does not cost more than $30 and will allow me to use my minn kota endura 30 for an hour or 2 without having to get a rediculously big battery

i doubt you can get away with spending less than $30 for what you are looking for but opposed to deep cycle marine battery maybe look into lawn tractor type battery, i dont know if they would be any cheaper/smaller or even usable for your situation, just a thought

I used to have an Endura trolling motor with 30 pounds thrust that I have attached to the back of my canoe. I used a lawn mower battery to powerit and I could fish most of the day on a single charge, and that's with the motor in the 1st or 2nd speed the whole time. So if you just used it to get to a spot then turned it off, I would think you could get quite a bit of live out of it. The best part was those batteries are small and light.