• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pain in left forearm

tacklejunkie

Real life movements relate to form and how one should be moving in real life and in the gym. For example; while executing a squat most people put their body in a position where the full force of the movement is not transferred into the quads and hamstrings and glutes but rather lean forward to where force is driven into the patella tendon, which is not ment to absorb it. When repeating that movement a pattern is formed and when asking the body to do something outside of the gym that pattern surfaces and overtime lack of muscle function shows in deterioration and/or injury because what's ment to work is not, this can be the same for speed: slow lift = slow communication = inefficient muscle. Tacklejunkie, I'm probably going to sound hypocritical here but movements need to be excecuted with proper body mechanics and holding movements in eccentric muscle form or extremely slow. Why? So that muscle or muscle groups continue to "fire" and doing this until you fail. I'm 32, 6'2", 190, been somewhat lazy for the past # of years but have had the urge to get back into work outs. For about a month in a half I've been benching 25lb dumbells along with some other lifts in my routine, nothing more than 25lb dumbells. I benched 255 the other day with ease. I didn't try to max out but how does lifting 25lb dumbells transition to that? By not conditioning my muscles to fail, by them only knowing how to "turn on." For squats I would hold a wall squat as long as you can until you fall on your butt fighting it the whole time, holding a hamstring contraction and repeating this process for 12 mins while taking 45 secs between reps. I'll bet your more sore from that than doing 3 sets of 10 at the gym.

Sounds like the superslow method that was discarded by nearly all bodybuilders and professional trainers years ago. Certainly nothing new here......

For someone who is inexperienced or uneducated this can be a good way to learn how to lift with proper form and get your technique down. Juice it sounds like you may not have alot of experience in the gym and this can be a good learning process. But when you are wanting to move to the next level and are ready to put some meat on those bones you will want to ditch those 25 pound dumbbells and progress into the old school, load the bar up and explode through the movement kind of training.

There is a reason the vast majority of trainers, bodybuilders, and pro athletes train centered on the traditional style of lifting with some variations here and there, and thats becasue it works better than anything else. When someone comes around saying they have found a new and better method of training that involves using much less weight and has superior results, it may be wise to question the integrity of what is being declared. 2c

Not uneducated, just no what gives results. Youre wrong about the meat on bones comment, I've put on 7 pounds of muscle doing it. Major quad and hamstring definition/growth all while form is perfect. Knee clicks no longer. Biceps are 16.5 inches, delts, triceps, traps are looking just fine. My goal is to not be some shredded up tool bag. My goal is to be strong and cut. You don't need to be a Mamouth to be strong. Every see a person that doesn't look like they should be able to lift a lot or perform at a level not expected, do it? No need to throw snoody remarks. Just try to broaden your view. You're the one that takes 2 months to get back what you lost in one month, there's something not right there. I bet if you did a routine like what I'm referring to for a month and you went back in the gym your max's would increase at a surprising level. Then you would change you thought process.