• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bought a new to me AC

PurpleFloyd

Having owned only Polaris sleds growing up and having my dad and brothers own only Polaris, I don't have any experience with A/C products but the son has been bugging me to get a snowmobile and with our foreign exchange student from Germany here this year, I thought it would be good to get her out and show her what we Americans do lol.

It came down to the 2003 AC z570 ESR with 3500 miles and a 2000 Polaris XC600 with 1900 miles. I went with the A/C because I was looking for something a bit more mature(hand warmers,reverse, electric start) and in the end the higher miles and comfort won out over lower miles and performance.

Does anyone have any experience with these fan cooled sleds and know what the good and the bad is with them? Everything looks to be tight and it is clean with no rips, cracks or cosmetic issues but they did say the battery was did so the elec start didn't work. I offered them several hundred less than they were asking and they took it, so now I need to see if it is just a battery or more.But most important the son approves of the purchase.

Had it out today and so far I am very happy with it. Compared to the Indy XLT's that my family has this sled is or at least feels much lighter and easier to steer and it does have good power. Love the handwarmers and the reverse is great. I am also happy with the side mirrors and the little storage bags in the windshield area. So far it looks like this was the right choice.

I have a cousin that owns the AC dealership in Amboy. Talked to him this AM and he thinks it was a fair price.