• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bottom Feeders on Outdoor Channel

EBass

Has anyone else watched them net carp? I saw 2 shows. One of the guys on this show (Tim) was in the news recently as he netted a silver and grass carp from da Sippi. It's interesting to see what they catch even if's stumps and what not.

Just a different fishin show, but cool it's filmed locally in MN/WI.

I'm fascinated by commercial rough fish harvesting, especially in the winter. I have a list of lakes in the southern metro I'd LOVE to witness the operation on. Could only help the lakes, and it would just be cool to see some of those monsters. I know they always look bigger through the water but there are some behemoths rooting around in our prairie lakes. The science and mechanics behind the operation is really neat.

I have started watching this show quite a bit and I saw that episode where he netted the silver carp out of the Mississippi. I shoot carp every spring and we see a ton of rough fish, but its still hard to believe the amount of carp those guys can pull out of the water.

I'd have to second the guys who were disappointed. I generally love anything produced locally, but this failed on both levels to me...both the fishing and the story. I expected a lot more fishing action and received very little, so at least the story aspect should be engaging (think Deadliest Catch, the first couple seasons). To me it really missed the mark there, too.