• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

suzuki 250

bhs91

I am looking at a boat with a 2008, 250 suzuki (4 stroke). Since the boat is down in Nebraska and i am in minnesota, I asked that it be brought in to a mechanic. The guy was great, said no problem and e-mailed me the report. On the diagnostic record history, all the fault counts come back at "0", except one that says "over-revolution" which show this as happening 31 times. What is this and what does it mean?

Thanks,

BHS

My guess would be he was at full throttle, fully trimmed and turned quick or hit a wake big enough to create cavitation and break the plane which creates an over-rev. For that frequency I'd place money on this scenario.

Or...

He used hit boat prop to cut potatoes in the driveway 31 times.

On motorcycles when you hit the rev limiter it cuts off spark preventing you from revving higher. It's a safety device. The best thing to do would be to call the shop that ran the test and see what they think.

On an Etec you can get a print out and it will give you the % of the total hours that the motor has ran in each RPM range. To me this is more important than anything else.

On motorcycles when you hit the rev limiter it cuts off spark preventing you from revving higher. It's a safety device. The best thing to do would be to call the shop that ran the test and see what they think.

On an Etec you can get a print out and it will give you the % of the total hours that the motor has ran in each RPM range. To me this is more important than anything else.

Suzuki does same thing. Find a mechanic with the cable and software and get the printout of hours and all the gory detail.

No, I did not. Long story short, we had reached an agreement on the price on a wednesday, was sending him a check the next monday and he sold it to someone else over the weekend. I was very bummed, maybe I should have wired the money, not sure. Now I am back looking.

One thing that I've heard is that finding someone to work on a Suzuki can be difficult unless you are in a large Metro area that might be different. Then on the other hand, if you're on vacation with it and something needs to be looked at you could be out of luck. this is just what I've heard. I've also heard that they are very nice motors and with all that said my son-in-law bought a used outfit last fall with a Suzuki and he said it is nice.