• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Generator for fishouse?

mnhunter2

you are going to get a lot of Honda or Yamaha responses, I thought about one but couldn't justify spending that kind of money on something I just don't use everyday, so I bought the powerhouse brand, I am very pleased and suprised with its performance. I know I am going to get ripped for it because it isn't Honda and it is louder, but my advice is go with what your needs and cash flow allows. If money isn't an issue, go with a Honda or Yamaha.

I bought a Champion a few years ago. 3500/4000 can run my air in the summer on my camper and on the ice I can fill it and it will run for 14+ hrs. Granted its a little loud, but I just leave it on the tailgate with the back open and with the back of the truck facing away from the house. If i need it for an emergency at home I got plenty of power.

My Yamaha runs 14+ hours on a tank of fuel (1.1 gallon). You'll get similar results with a Honda. Last weekend the lake I fished had two guys with cheap generators. I know that because I had mine setup 30' away from my fish house, and could hear their cheap generators from 200 yards away over mine. Be kind to your neighbors, get a Honda or Yamaha.

My Yamaha runs 14+ hours on a tank of fuel (1.1 gallon). You'll get similar results with a Honda. Last weekend the lake I fished had two guys with cheap generators. I know that because I had mine setup 30' away from my fish house, and could hear their cheap generators from 200 yards away over mine. Be kind to your neighbors, get a Honda or Yamaha.

Bingo!!!!

I have a Yam that only runs on low idle but I still only run it for a couple hours mid-day to charge things up when needed.

Nothing worse that listening to someone's loud generator especially when they move right on top of you and your planned peaceful weekend.

I've never plopped down close enough to anyone for them to hear my generator. If you don't want to listen to my generator, don't come fish by me! Seems to keep the crowd away! I only run my gen at night to charge the batteries and so the kidos can charger their phones/games.

Is that your rig in your avatar? I'll come visit sometime. heheheheh

I currently run a 13hp briggs with a 36" straight pipe. Governer is wired wide open. It puts out 145 volts but the lights are very bright & the DVDs play a bit faster than at home. grin