• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Whats the earliest you've heard shooting on the opener?

I always hear shots at least 8-10 minutes early. I dont think the guys take into account the addition of times to the time zones they are in. I sat on a firing line along the "Horicon Marsh" goose hunting once. I was talking to a hunter next to me while waiting for legal hours, he seemed like a "average" guy. When legal hours arrived I had a single goose come right at me, I dumped him. As I proceded to put a neck tag on the goose and validate it, this "man" turned out to be a warden. He told me I shot 4 minutes to soon. after a lengthy discussion I proved to him that we were exactly on the time line, + or - 4 minutes. He then checked license and rounds, all withen the law. A little nit picky for me....especially when I could here shots going off for the last 10 minutes! go bust the bad guys and leave the law abiders alone!!!

I hunted on East Solomon 2 years ago and heard a flurry of gunfire to the West at around 9:30.....Can't believe the nerve of some people

1/2 hr before sunrise on MudNGoose. But it is on the Rez. And the shooting came from the refuge part of the wildlife management area. Not much a person can do about it but shake their head.

We have hunted a public area near Pennock the last 3 years and last year we heard people shooting at 11. We had hundreds of birds come dumping into the slough shortly there after. Too bad they all spooked when we were putting the dekes out.