• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Differences in Strikemaster Models

Farley

Tried searching but came up empty. Looking to buy a used Strikemaster but dont know much about the different models. Mainly looking for something light and fast for searching by foot. Seen a few on the local cregslist and have been keeping an eye on the classifieds here but does anyone know which strikemaster model is the lightest between the Lazermag Express, Mag 2000, and whatever other models they had in the last 5 years or so? All I know is one is red and ones black. I looked on their HSOforum at the new models and not sure if the same specs hold true to those older models. Also is there a model you think I should stay away from?

I had the Strike Lite which is the lightest. It is a 4 stroke and is cold blooded. I sold that and went back to a Lazer Mag 10 inch. About 5lbs heavier but it starts in 2-3 pulls even in the cold. The Lazers are twin blades and cuts new holes very fast and nice. The Mag2000 is a chipper and only has 1 blade like a Jiffy. Still cuts through the ice but not as fast but is good for re opening old holes like in a fish house.

So they've always had a 4 stroke and just started using Hondas? Or is the Honda motor the first 4 stroke they've put out?

Thanks for the info, I dont think I need the chipper blade, 95% of the holes I drill are fresh.

Another question: When did they come out with the "Solo" engine or rather how do I tell a solo motor from others.

I've got the Magnum with the chipper blade and it cuts awesome. Rarely do i reopen holes so im drilling new holes most of the time. It might take a few seconds longer but those seconds arnt vital to me. Its cheaper then the lazer which is why i bought it. Very happy with my purchase and know it will last a longgg time. Its also a hella lighter then my old Jiffy smile