• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

For Eskimo Ice Anchors, what is a good tool for the power tool to drill em in?

MidCoast

Which one is better for Eskimo ice anchors, the ice anchor tool by H.T. enterprise for the power drill or the adapter that Clam makes for the power drill?

Not sure about the HT product but i know the clam adapter is too small for the eskimo anchors. i found out the hard way buying it then finding out the eskimo anchors have a much larger diameter than the clam anchors so they dont fit in the adapter.

If you want to use a drill just by some grk lag screws. They work great. Fleet farm has them. Why do you need a drill for eskimo ice anchors? They go in pretty well already.

True, normally these go in easy, but I've had problems getting them started a few times this year with the ice being a lot harder then the past two seasons, plus I am more apt to put only two in if its being a PITA so something that speeds the process up would be nice. Especially on those windy days... Pre drilling should work great but if your going to lug a drill out with you, you might as well have an adaptor that fits the Eskimo stakes I guess.

I am Also interested in hearing what people are using for this brand of stakes...

You can have my Eskimo ice anchors... supposidly they are the best. But I have not used them once since I got Ice Angels. Way easier and faster. No need for a drill etc. you already have all you need with the auger. With a few figure 9 caribeener's (SP) you can have your hub shelter secured in under a min.

I've read it on here in previous posts... I plan on buying a big socket(like 2" or bigger) and using a die grinder to cut slots in the sides to fit the Eskimo ice anchors. Should be what you're looking for.

Ultimate Ice Anchors. No tools needs. Install in seconds.

Had those also they are a lot like all the others still got to get down and twist them in...where the Ice Angels are a lot different. Even more easier\faster.

FOR SALE: 8 ESKIMO NEW ice anchors $1 ea.

4 Ultimate Ice anchors $5 ea.

I've read it on here in previous posts... I plan on buying a big socket(like 2" or bigger) and using a die grinder to cut slots in the sides to fit the Eskimo ice anchors. Should be what you're looking for.

at the cost of a socket that big just buy clam anchors and their tool.

quote: "at the cost of a socket that big just buy clam anchors and their tool."

I own Clam anchors and their tool. IMO they are both junk. The Clam anchors take forever to bite even with the tool.

I've used Eskimo anchors in the past, so I went out and purchased some more and the socket... I am very pleased with the results.