• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

In the market for a new Auger

bassNspear

Jiffy propane. If you do any fishing from a portable this is not the auger for you. Very heavy and if tank is left hooked ip it will leak out. Also has to only sit one way with handle up in air. If any amount of snow gets in tank fitting or hose end auger does not run very well. Easy fix for jiffy is to put a valve in line so tank can be left hooked up.

Not sure on the leaking propane. I left my tank hooked up all summer and she started on the 2nd pull this winter and I am still drilling on the tank from last spring.

Bought a Solo 2.5hp/8" Lazer three years ago and have had no issues with anything. I run Amsoil about 80:1 through it. It usually starts on second or third pull and after a few seconds to warm up it will cut ice like no other.

I use it very often and also reopen holes with the Lazer blades better than any chipper I've used. Never have had any problems with the blades getting bad and have even drilled through a few beer cans that were buried under some slush before, and blades still work great. I may have got lucky or this may just be a very good product wink. But I'll count on this auger for many years it looks like.