• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

how big/small is to big/small for a spear hole????

Dorkfish

just thought i'd ask what others have for their darkhouses. i was talking to a guy out on the lake near my house and he has a smaller hole and was asking me about it i replied that the size hole he had (20ish x 28ish) was a relatively good size hole. since acquiring myself a quickfish i have jsut been cutting a random hole size every time and not even thinking if it were too big or not. i want to put a floor in it with a spear hole but dont know if i should go 4ft by 4ft or if that would be way too big

thoughts and opinions please smile

I don't think there is alot of advantage to having a hole much ever 30" deep. The wider the better though in my opinion.

+1

The only time I have seen a hole too wide is when I cut the hole in the ice, pull my shack over it and it is 3 inches wider than my shack... smile

I know people who have 8 foot by 30 inch holes.