• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Antler sheds-anybody see bucks without antlers yet

laker1

Been getting pictures of a one antlered eight pointer recently, but I think it may just be a break-off. Saw a giant ten pointer a day or two ago on a piece of overlooked public land that I'm gonna be scouting hard to try and pick up one or both of his sheds... This joker was out at noon on a swamp edge and I swear his g2's and g3's were over ten inches, just about stood the truck on it's nose trying to stop for a better look lol!

Been getting pictures of a one antlered eight pointer recently, but I think it may just be a break-off. Saw a giant ten pointer a day or two ago on a piece of overlooked public land that I'm gonna be scouting hard to try and pick up one or both of his sheds... This joker was out at noon on a swamp edge and I swear his g2's and g3's were over ten inches, just about stood the truck on it's nose trying to stop for a better look lol!

Its almost as much fun as hunting,and less nerve racking and no other people. It doesn't get much better. I also seen a couple of bucks,still have both antlers. Just waiting.

Its almost as much fun as hunting,and less nerve racking and no other people. It doesn't get much better. I also seen a couple of bucks,still have both antlers. Just waiting.

Whhhaaaaa.... no other people.....? Is it still the mid- 90's where youre at??? Its a changed sport now! Nothing like it used to be. It is indeed fun though!

Can you guys give me some tips on what sort of areas you hunt in for sheds? I went out today and simply walked deer trails through the woods looking for sheds, and hunted around extra in areas where the brush was thicker. I scared up a couple of antlerless deer, but too far away to tell if it was a buck or doe. Any pointers would be much appreciated.

I think most of the bucks are still holding their antlers. It seems in milder winters and when well fed they drop them later in the season. A game farm owner of deer told me the same thing. They should be dropping them soon.

Seems alot of bucks have already shed out, and I'm kinda feeling a little discouraged by the new snowfall... Found a beautiful matched set on superbowl sunday (yes, I skipped the game to shedhunt blush) but beyond that I haven't had any luck. The next few weeks I'll be hitting it hard though snow or not.

Saw 3 on Saturday with holes in the head, 1 was a very very large bodied boyo, 2 were first year bucks the way it looked, they were very tame in a way, was very close to them when they stood up and they slowly walked away even with the wind in their favor and maybe 20 yards between us, was really cool to see. Here's to hoping for just the right snow depth come easter weekend so 24 days it needs to hang in there and gradually melt away without flooding everything. Be covering tons of miles that weekend knowing all have shed.