• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Judd and Dubay...........I vote make it permanent

RumRiverRat

From the Pioneer Press

By Amy Carlson Gustafson

[email protected]

Posted: 01/11/2013 04:46:47 PM CST

Updated: 01/11/2013 06:46:04 PM CST

Jeff Dubay is back in the game. He's been hired to co-host the 9 a.m.-noon 1500-AM ESPN show with Judd Zulgad starting on Monday, Jan. 14. The new show will be called "Judd and Dubay." In December, Dubay started filling in on the station taking the spot once held by Joe "Mr. Phunn" Anderson, who was fired in November.

Dubay -- the one-time co-host of the 9 a.m.-noon show with Paul Allen on KFAN-AM -- hasn't had a permanent radio job since he was arrested for possession of crack cocaine and fired from KFAN in 2008. Now in his new gig, he'll go up against his former radio partner.

"Right now it's a little surreal - I'm just letting it soak in," said Dubay, who noted that he and Zulgad had "instant chemistry" when he first filled in on 1500 ESPN last month. "I'm thrilled. I can't wait until Monday. It's Friday night and I'm already excited for Monday morning."

Dan Seeman -- vice president/market manager for Hubbard Radio -- said there were plenty of reasons he decided to hire Dubay for the 1500 ESPN job.

"One, he's very talented, he's knows what he's doing," Seeman said. "Two, he's got some great equity in the market. Three, he sounded really good when he was filling in here the last couple of weeks. And four, he certainly has a well-known past and after spending time with him over the past year and having numerous meetings with him we felt it's time. He's healthy and he's ready to do this."

Dubay, 44, took to WCCO-AM's airwaves in July to discuss his downfall, which he said started with a painful divorce, and how he was introduced to crack cocaine at a party in St. Paul. He talked about how he was now sober and how he weaned himself off drugs by locking himself in his room. After he appeared on WCCO, Dubay also filled in on K-TWIN's morning show in August before landing at 1500 ESPN.

Amy Carlson Gustafson can be reached at 651-228-5561. Follow her at twitter.com/amygustafson.

If I were Zulgad I'd start looking for a new job...writing is on the wall...plus he never gets a word in edge-wise anyway with Puffy going 100 words per second.....better than PA though so happy to have an alternative during that slot!

Rome is now on CBSSports Radio 11-2pm on the internet, he is very good, funny...but more national than local of course. Awesome callers

Rome is now on CBSSports Radio 11-2pm on the internet, he is very good, funny...but more national than local of course. Awesome callers

Thats the great part about America, everyone has the right to an opinion.

The great part is that I don't have to listen to them, and thats the great part.

As far as Rome goes, I will not be listening.

I find nothing funny about saying "Rack Him" or what ever else he says.