• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Appetizers/Munchies for New Years Eve

Soften cream cheese and spread into serving tray. Top with a jar of cocktail sauce spread evenly over the cheese. 1 package of imitation crab meat over the cocktail sauce. Service with Ritz crackers.

Started bringing this to our fantasy football draft 10 years ago and would get shot if I showed up without it.

To die for. Candied Bacon

1 to 1.5 lbs of bacon. Lay bacon on foil covered baking pan.

Mix 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1.5 teaspoons of chili powder together.

Rub onto bacon.

Bake 20-25 min at 400 degrees.

Transfer to wire rack to cool over foil.

Serve at room temperature.

(My issue was not the bacon. My oven is on the fritz)

Soften cream cheese and spread into serving tray. Top with a jar of cocktail sauce spread evenly over the cheese. 1 package of imitation crab meat over the cocktail sauce. Service with Ritz crackers.

Started bringing this to our fantasy football draft 10 years ago and would get shot if I showed up without it.

We do one similar except use tiny/small shrimp instead of the imitation crab meat.

Bacon wrapped water chestnuts. Wrap with bacon and tooth pick them to hold together. Brush with brown sugar,bbq sauce (thin with a little vinegar) and bake at 350 for an hour or so. Watch the bacon, it will tell you when they are done..

Ended up making some meatballs.

Made the meatballs (~1" diameter) with Lipton Onion soup mix, bread crumbs and eggs. Then made a sauce using a can of sauerkraut, a can of cranberry sauce with berries, a cup of brown sugar, and a bottle of chili sauce (the Heinz kind, not sriracha) and a 1/2 cup of water.

Boil sauce then pour over (raw) meatballs in a 9x13 baking dish, bake 350 for 1 hour.

Full recipe is on Food Network HSOforum.

There was a lot of food at the party so we had a dozen or so leftover balls from a crock pot full. I think they were actually better fresh than the 2nd day. When fresh there was a better contrast between the savory meatballs and the sweet&sourish sauce. I'd make again.