• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

SNOW up Nort??

icecold

Hey guys and gals, is there any snow to ride on around the north shore area or ely, grandrapids area. Really need to ride bad, where can i find snow????

Not sure where you live but Brainerd area is marginal to good depending what direction you go. If you started in Merrifield and went north and east I think the trails will be better. Rode last night right after the groomer and it was awesome but by Saturday they'll be trashed because the base is very skinny.

I would suggest Grand Rapids then ride NE.

MR

was in palisade today, put on my first miles of the year, only 22, but its a start. snow depth maybe 6 inches at most, and lots of hard snow in the ditches. the soo line was groomed smooth, a few loose rocks here and there. we need another 6 inches, and it will be good to go.

We have about 5-6 inches of snow in the Grand Rapids area, some clubs are packing, those trails have a lot of grass showing. Still need 6-8 inches to have groomable snow. With the freezing rain and wet snow the other weekend, lots of trails need to be recleared again, lots of trees and brush in the trail.

Rode 85 miles in Mcleod County yesterday. The trails aren't too bad, but more snow will help. There are a few dirt clumps sticking up in some of the trails, but overall not bad. The local club has a soil conditioner that is used to flatten out the dirt after the farmers finish their work in the fall. This makes for a nice smooth surface to start to build the trails on.