• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

any shops in town do layaway

Sam08

Welcome to the forums Sam! Since you're new to archery, don't be afraid to ask any questions you might have. Plenty of good people here with a wealth of knowledge that will be happy to help.

I agree with A1. They are in Hudson, WI. A bunch of good people there.

Yeah I know a couple buddies who do it so if they can't answer questions , will post here. Never been to Capra's but buddy didn't like his experience there. He needed a new peep installed which they did but tech wouldnt tie new one on tight and told him its fine the way it was. Heard great things about a-1 from bro in law though.

also reason why I'm thinking PSE is due to adjustability of DL without cam change as well as from reviews on forums I've been reading. Seems to be best bang for buck. but will see when I shoot if I like.

Check out the new Charger from Hoyt if your not looking to spend a lot of money. A-1 will have a package deal going on that bow. I had it in my hands sure felt good. I'm going to go back in and shoot some day this winter. A-1 is a top shop they will take care of you there. They will have a lot of bows for you to check out might be some other deals in the shop since new product will be coming in after Jan.

Best advice I got in regards to buying my first bow was to go to a good shop and shoot as many bows within your budget as you can. You may be surprised at which bow / brand feels best to you when you shoot, and that's what matters most. Mathews guys will speak their praises, as will Hoyt, PSE, Bowtech, etc. The best way to decide which is the right bow for you is to shoot as many as you can. Keep in mind you're not just looking for the best bow, you're looking for the best bow for you.

A-1 is a good shop and their staff is top-notch. Gave me great customer service and were very helpful every step of the way.