• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice fishing in Finland!

Nana10

In Finland we have many lakes all over, and every where. At winters in north we have really good opportunities to go ice fish. The best lakes would be Saimaa, Päijänne, Inarilake, Pielinen, and my favorite Oululake.

Yes there is many kind of fishes but most popular ones are pike, salmon,crucian carp, ruff, pike perch, burbot.

No Trouts there?

We have very many fine Finnish citizens living here in Minnesota up in the Arrow head area of our state. They are some of the finest fisherman you will ever find anyway forsure! I am trying to setup some fun fishing trips with some of them as I speak! grin

Welcome to the forum Nana10. wink

Nana10, welcome to this HSOforum! I'm half Finnish and half Polish and love to hear about Finland

My father was adopted when he was real young and his real fathers last name was Pavala.

Keep your posts coming, they're very interesting.

Finlander

Iam half Fin........good to hear from you. My Mother was born and raised in Helsinki, I have been there 3 or 4 times, I love the countryside. I still have 2 Aunts, 1 Uncle, and 3 Cousins in Helsinki. My Uncle works for your MTV, not ours! I was there 3 years ago. I love the meat pies with mustard and the farmers market down at the sea.

Nana10 -

Besides the fish pictures, we would love to see pictures of some of the scenery there in the background of where you fish. Also I would like to see some of the houses, cottages and other architecture of your area if possible. If not too much to ask could you also share some pictures of your fishing equipment and hooks/lures sometime?

I love the Finish foods and used to eat a meal regularly at the Hoito in Thunder Bay Ontario when I worked part time at two of the clinics up there. There is a great Finish culture that is very much alive all the way up the north shore into Ontario Canada. Fishing is certainly a strong part of that culture and I enjoy that aspect as well with some friends in the area.