• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Power auger atv mount?

Sam Smith

i picked a digger auger carrier,and after i installed it in my snowmobile went to clamp my auger down and adjust the J hook i ran out of threads on the hook so it will not hold it tight enough.also the L bracket doesn't hold the power head in place.M i doing something wrong? i have a older strkemaster with a rounded gear housing,so the L bracket and the power head dont match up very well. ANY SUGGESTIONS THANKS ICE

Can you post some pictures? Don't take this the wrong way, but it seems like you are not using the J hook properly. There should be no way that you would run out of threads if the auger is properly seated in the carrier grooves.

1. Take the L bracket off

2. Position the auger so the bit is horizontally level in the carrier grooves

3. Adjust the J hook accordingly

4. Mark the L bracket location so it supports the powerhead

5. Remove the auger

6. Reinstall L bracket.

i did Mark its like i ran out of threads. i tighten the nut above the pivot point and there is still about a 1/4 gap between the hook and the auger shaft the handel will just swing. do mount the L bracket a little higher then pull the auger down on that ?

Take the top nut off and you should be able to tighten it up to your needs. I don't use the top nut on mine and I don't have issues. It just there so your tension doesn't change and it is always in the same spot.

As for the L bracket, you may need to modify it for your auger. Extend it somehow and place some self adhesive door weather stripping on it for cushion. You could also bungee it if it is really a concern. Moving the L bracket up will cause all kinds of issues. The shaft will not be in the groove of the carrier and therefore, will not be secure. You also risk bending your auger shaft as you are putting pressure on the auger shaft without support closest to the J hook.