• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Power auger atv mount?

Sam Smith

Would really like to hear more reviews on this auger mount. I really want to buy one for my snowmobile but have a hard time believeing I can trust a single j-hook clamp to hold down my $500 auger going across the bumpy lake at 30 mph. Can I trust it? I don't mind spending the money as long as it works.

gonehunting, It is fully adjustable to a desired tension. I keep mine pretty tight and the auger is not coming out. Even if I didn't have any association with Digger, I would recommend this mount. I will not say that it wouldn't come undone, but I highly doubt you will ever get it to just pop open. It is designed to lock past straight up and down to secure the shaft of the auger.

I was testing it the other day with a friend of mine. I am confident that you could lift the front end of my wheeler up by the auger and the shaft on the bit would bend before the mount would give way.

I would trust the J hook a lot more than the rubber straps on the fin grips or the velcro on the Mad Dog mounts. If you are making long runs, you could always add a bungee or ratchet strap for added security.

There is a piece of angled aluminum that is mounted under the powerhead on the frame of the auger carrier to provide support to the powerhead. It is mounted with a provided self tapping screw which allows you to customize the support for your powerhead.

While there isn't any extra support to prevent the powerhead from spinning, this angled bracket prevents it from rotating. Again, if you are making long trips, you can always add a bungee to completely secure it, although I have never found a need to.

With having a older Jiffy and the extra weight of the powerhead, is there any concern with only the shaft being supported? With the aluminum plate they had at the ice fishing show only keeping the head from spinning and slightly supporting the powerhead, is there any concern with the head/shaft point hanging over the supports (ie bending from the flexing of the weight of the powerhead)? It appears to be a different concern with the older jiffys vs the stikemaster units. Anyone have any pictures of their jiffy mounts, and modifiations needed?

I just bought the Digger Auger carrier last night and went to mount it...not sure if the box I got came with the correct mounting hardware since the only thing included was the hook for the auger, two bolts about 4 inches long, and the L bracket to support the auger head. Am I missing something? From looking at pictures it looks like there should be something else.

You should have a bottom mounting plate with it. When mounting the carrier, the carrier bracket goes on top of your rack and the bottom mounting plate underneath the rack. The two bolts are installed in the furthest holes on each side of center. The carrier and the bottom plate sandwich the rack between them.

i picked a digger auger carrier,and after i installed it in my snowmobile went to clamp my auger down and adjust the J hook i ran out of threads on the hook so it will not hold it tight enough.also the L bracket doesn't hold the power head in place.M i doing something wrong? i have a older strkemaster with a rounded gear housing,so the L bracket and the power head dont match up very well. ANY SUGGESTIONS THANKS ICE