• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Snowstorm Time Lapse with GoPro

Dbl

Here a single time lapse that was processed with different settings. The same shots were used in both, just processed differently. Shot with a GoPro Hero 2 with the camera set to capture a shot every 10 seconds. Total of 2600 shots over 8 hours.

The first is processed at 24fps with the action sped up 2x and frame blending enabled. This gives you the fast action along with ghost type of images. Total length of video around 40 seconds.

The second was processed at 10fps at normal speed with no frame blending enabled. Length of video about 1:30 long. Different looks. Lot more detail in the snow falling, people moving about etc. that the faster video causes you to miss. Can't see much of those details at the smaller size here on HSO. When I figured out the length I wanted the video and the length I was going to shoot this last one is the video I had in mind. Another fun way to play with photography!

Pretty cool! Neat watching that plant in front of the camera bow down as snow accumulates on it.

One idea that would be cool to see is an up close shot of something like the fence rail and watching the snow "grow"

Well this snow was wet, and my snowblower is tired! So if you let it get more than about 4" deep it is a struggle. We ended up with 12" at my house, so I figure three times was just about perfect. What you may not have noticed is the second time out was to blow out when the plow came through and left a heavy wet windrow at the bottom of the driveway. I am glad someone noticed the bush bow down. I didn't notice it until the second or third time through.

Pretty neat.

How come you help the neighbor, but there was no return visit to help you? wink

I was going to try to figure out how to do a time laps while I am plowing out a large commercial parking lot but dont have anything to strap the camera to a light pole and keep the snow off the lens.

yakfisher,

I use the Cineform software to stitch each set of 1,000 shots in each folder together and then use any number of movie editing software to stitch those together. I have Pinnacle, Windows Movie Maker, Cyberlink, and Adobe Premier just to name a few.