• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Listening to Kindle Fire HD in Car

I really like audiobooks and never go anwhere without one in the car (while I'm driving alone). I'm able to plow through 2 a month this way typically if they're shorter books but I'd like a better way of listening to them through my Kindle Fire HD versus turning the speakers all the way up. I've checked into it and it looks like I might be able to use and FM transmitter that supports android to play the audiobook over the car speakers from the Kindle? Thoughts? Tips? Pointers? Anyone done this? I know I bought a transmitter for my wife to play her itunes through the van stereo system from her iphone a few years back and it works slick.

Lots of options.

If you have an aux (line in) connection on your radio just get an audio cable with the 3/16" plugs on both ends and run it from your kindle to your car stearo aux input. Or, if you want to stay cordless, you could get a bluetooth receiver that goes to your aux input on the stereo -- the audio goes over bluetooth from the kindle fire hd to the bluetooth receiver, then gets transmitted over a wire into the aux input on your stereo.

If you don't have an aux input on your car stereo you can get an FM transmitter. You tune your radio to station XYZ, then set your FM transmitter to broadcast your audio on that station. Then all that's left is to get audio from your kindle fire hd to your fm transmitter. Many of them use a standard audio cable. If you want you can find one that receives the audio over bluetooth. Either way should work.