• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Li ion 12v battery

whitebassman

I see Trophy Angler has a Li ion battery pack for $50 on Reeds.

Wondering if anyone knows anymore about this.

Just might pick one up for the flipover. It has a usb connection and ports with alligator clips. Would be perfect lightweight for power my flipover light and fan.

full-9342-27176-trophyangler_asg_lpp_12v

I'm going out on a limb and going to say that it is going to have the same or close capacity to a standard 7Ah or 9Ah gel cell battery. I have seen a few like this and you will get the same run time out of the 12v Lithium Ions as you will with a gel cell.

If I remember right, it was quite a bit less than 7aH

I think it was like 3.8 aH.

For lights and charging cell phones, perfect. But for 60 bucks, I'll stick to my spare flasher battery for now. I like the idea though.

I was searching online the other day and saw a 14amp 12v Lion batter pack for about $45. However it cost $85 to have it shipped from China! smile

Its only a matter of time until they get here and everything switches over.

The biggest problem with Lithium batteries is the power fade that they have. Lithium batteries are good for something that needs consistent power at a high level for a long period of time, like digital cameras where it takes a surge of energy for every picture taken. Where a regular Nicad battery excels is in a flasher or underwater camera. They'll still continue to draw power until that power isn't enough to run. With Lithium batteries, when they hit a certain discharge level, they simply don't supply the power at all and Nickel batteries will continue even though it's not at a high level.

A good comparison is for use. Fans, lights, etc, that all still run at a lower power level will not be fun to use a Lithium battery with. Or a power drill with a Lithium battery, they just stop working at a certain level of charge all together where as a Nickel battery will still run but not turn the drill as fast.

Just picked one up today at lunch and tried to run my lx-7 with it. It would power up the screen where the lx-7 logo would come on, then it would just shut down and go black. I have it hooked to 110 count, 48" LED in my one man porty and have a timer set to test how long it will last. I will post my findings.

Anyone notice the packaging says its 3800mah and same with the back of the battery pack but the specs in the directions say its 1800mah?

Just picked one up today at lunch and tried to run my lx-7 with it. It would power up the screen where the lx-7 logo would come on, then it would just shut down and go black. I have it hooked to 110 count, 48" LED in my one man porty and have a timer set to test how long it will last. I will post my findings.

Anyone notice the packaging says its 3800mah and same with the back of the battery pack but the specs in the directions say its 1800mah?

1800mah is not that much, my cell phone battery has more than that.