• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Car undercoating and paint protectant

Bought a new car in Sept. the under coating still will leave a black residue on my fingers, is getting this put on worth the price or just a scam. A week after getting the car I was looking under the car and touched the undercoating, my fingers were coated with the undercoating. It washed off my fingers with water. Called the dealer, first guy said it should be dry after a week, service manager checked it after 2 weeks,said was normal and would dry. His fingers were also coated with the undercoating,he said he would have to get something to get that off his fingers because it wasnt water soluble. Scam for the undercoating or bad product?

is it a tar based sealant? might always remain a little "gooey" that's probably good. if it dries rock hard it could chip and fall off.

Unfortunately, many times when people undercoat a car they go over board and end up plugging some of the drain holes that the factory puts in with the undercoating. Your vehicle actually has lots of them as water does get in to places. once plugged, they hold salty water there and then you get rust.