• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice Conditions

I'm starting to consider a road trip north to get out on the ice if I can't get out around here (Fond du Lac) by the 15th. I would like some help finding a couple locations. If its close to a cheap place to stay that would also be a plus if I'm makeing a long drive. Any help would be great.

Took a drive around the Hayward area yesterday and here's what I saw. Grindstone, LCO, Whitefish, and Sand were all still open. Nelson lake had at least 3 inches in the spots I checked and people were walking out on it, same thing with Smith Lake.

I'll check again Monday and let you know more then.

Thanks for the update snooze. Anyone else around the state have some reports. I'm hopeing that with the colder temps next week I might be able to keep the drive time down some. If I can keep the drive down to a couple hours I could do a day trip alittle easier. Hopefully this snow doesn't screw things up to much.

Nothing good to tell you. Went by Grindstone and LCO yesterday, grindstone was still open and Chicago Bay on LCO was frozen out to about 100 yards but as soon as I stepped on it, it started to sag and crack.

Today I went west and Middle McKenzie was froze over but about 10 feet from shore it started cracking and sagging, same with Big McKenzie. Lipsett, Rice, and Benoit weren't much better, at least not enough ice for me to fish on. With the snow on the ice, I don't expect it to get much better anytime soon.