• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hey everyone,
I'll be hitting the marsh this weekend instead of chasing Bambi, Bambi's dad or any member of that critters family!
This has always been the best two weeks of the season coming up and I can't wait!
So, who's doing what and where are ya doing it?
>"////=<

Deer hunting by Hackensack. I'd rather be duck hunting but with the weather they're forcasting it will be real compfortable in the woods and isn't the best duck weather.

Where you hunting at Gullguide. I'll be hunting out of Norway Lake this weekend. Too early in the week to know where I'm going to hunt but always lean real strong towards Norway having the parents place only three blocks away from the landing. plus had great shooting there last weekend. Probably hunting alone with everyone after thee 30 point buck so always looking for the right join ins. Anyone been to Marsh... What's the water level like?

Hey Bryce,
I thought all that shooting was coming from either Norway ot those sloughs between Norway and Andrew. Could really hear well on Sat with how still it was. All divers?
I'll be on Mud Friday morning, then take it from there depending on how good the shoot is.
>"////=<

Hey Gull, I'll be right out my back door (N.Big Kandi) looking for Mr. "Monster" buck. Lot's of shooting around there last weekend. I'm sure there will be quite a mixture of deer, duck and pheasant hunters around Kandi. A lot of corn has come out this past week and I hear about and see pretty good numbers of all the above. Good luck to all and be safe!!! P.S. fishing has been slow!

I get torn, so I deer hunt on Saturday and duck hunt on sunday. I am also able to deer hunt the night hunt every day of the week as I am only 20 minutes from being in my stand from work or home.

Broncosguy

For the first time EVER, I will not be deer hunting. I got a buck last year that is still in my freezer, so no need to keep piling it up. No matter how hard I try, that venison supply never goes down!
I will be duck hunting around Alexandria this weekend. Hope some birds are around with the unseasonally mild weather.

This weekend is always a tough one for me to make up my mind. Deer hunting is a tradition on first weekend in our home, and duck hunting is great, and then there is State Cross Country too. Last year I got to run there and it was definitly worth it! This year I decided to go back to watch all of my friends who are still in running in high school, should be a blast. Then I may get to hunt Sunday, and if it is good enough maybe Monday morning too. I haven't missed many classes yet so I just may have to reward myself with a little break.

Hey Gullguide,
Would you mind giving me a report about how Mud was Friday. With only one day I want to make the right decision. It would be nice to have the ducks using the smaller lakes, but if not, I'll have to make a trip to big water.

Best of luck to you no matter what you are after, this weekend has to be the best of the year period. I'll see you all in the woods next weekend.
E.W.

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

I took a little cruise yesterday to Waseca. Rice lake was loaded with puddle ducks as was Clear lake and Moonin Marsh. With the SW wind so brisk it would've been prime duck hunting in those areas.

I will bet this weekend will be great for those who hunt Southern MN duck spots.

I used to love Lake Geneva. Does anyone have any reports for that area. Is it still an open lake for duck hunting or has too much development taken over?

Gull, A lot of people still hunt lake Geneva with a lot of success. I haven't personally made it out there this year. I'm sure the diver shootin will be fairly good out there.

ullguide, Most mixed bag that I've ever seen off Norway. Green wings to bluebills with everything in between. Done with 12 ducks within an hour and a half. Very slow Sunday after all the potholes opened back up. Still got 4 by myself with 2 lost to diving. Go figure a mallard diving in 8 feet of water with a gravel bottom. Be hunting Norway Sat. with a friend from Iowa (flying liver for longtails). Weather doesn't sound good but actually hoping it stays warm until next weekend when we go back to ND. Good luck to all this weekend. If it's brown it's down, if it flies it dies.

I've been too busy hunting to check things out as of late. Lots of hot topics. Well I got my 2 deer in the freezer this year. It has to be done you can't have enough quackers to get through the year due the fact they have possession limits and a mans gotta eat. With the warm weather seems the only ducks around are those highly educated types hanging out within the city limits and the local school yards. Hopefully we will all be seeing some fresh birds soon.

good luck.

Ukes

Man I wish I were done getting my deer. Every evening nothing but large flocks of mallards, divers and geese. Don't know why they are here but they are. The weather definitely isn't pushing them. But these aren't locals. Flocks are way too big. When's the season closing again? I've got one more weekend to chase deer. Way the weather is going it'll be tough for ice fishing.

I got my Buck, so it's on to birds! Going after Roosters this weekend, and next weekend going to go to Winnie. With this new cold front moving through it sounds like it might push the birds outta the northern part of the state. I guess we will have to see.

------------------
If I'm not in the duck blind or the ice house I'm thinking about it!!