• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wisconsin Gun Tag Question

I have the opportunity to hunt Wisconsin for my first time but don't know if I want to go with shotgun on opener or wait for the muzzleloader season.

I was told that in Wisc. if you buy your gun license and don't fill your tag you can use that tag and hunt with muzzleloader without buying another license. If that's the case I'd just buy the regular gun license and do both.

Is this true?

Thanks

Thanks for the reply!

Yeah it can be peaceful out there, sometimes the deer seem like ghosts that time of year also, it's a tough season.

What are the Wisconsin laws for using a scope on a muzzleloader?

Here in MN you can use a scope on a muzzleloader only during gun season but not during the traditional muzzleloader. I'm not sure how it works in WI.

Yes, Wisconsin has moved out of any form of "Traditional" Muzzleloading requirements. When I first started it was open sites only, then as the Muzzy industry exploded, you seen a scope with 1x being allowed, now they are just as good as most rifles with whatever scope you want. I still stick with traditional as I enjoy giving the deer a real honest chance of winning. I'm not against scopes, everything is evolving to levels no one ever thought of, so as long as I still have options I'm happy smile Good luck

The area in Wisc that we are going doesn't allow rifle so that leaves me with the option to use my 12 ga or my Muzzy.

I'd rather use my Muzzy, I like to only have 1 shot, I'm a bowhunter at heart and the Muzzy is just like a bow but with further range lol. I like the scope on it because I can be a better shot and drop it in the boiler, I have more patients and confidence with the Muzzy.

My Shotty is a pump with open sights, my accuracy isn't as good and for whatever reason I want to unload it when I'm shooting it.

Thanks for the help guys, I read through the Regs but wasn't completely sure of all the laws.

Good luck to everyone!

Hey it's me again lol

A friend and I plan on using blinds on private land. He says we need 144 Sq inches on orange on all sides of our blinds no matter where we hunt.

When I was researching it I thought I read you only have to do that on DNR land.

I plan on using a Ghost Blind but that won't work out to well if I have to put 12x12 orange patches all the way around it.