• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The little compartment behind the seat

Stiff

I was just curious what everyone carries in that little compartment behind the seat.

I was just getting ready for a trip up to LOW and thought it would be a good idea to make sure I have an extra set of plugs, plug wrench... what else?

Depending on your sled I keep my new plugs and belt under the hood. Infact I installed a Polaris spark plug holder on my Ski Doo. In the back I have a good rope, small first aid kit, emergency blankets, (my tools are under the hood) but if U don't have a spot under the hood, DON'T LEAVE HOME WITHOUT THEM
In my wife's (we travel together) I have extra oil, gasoline antifreeze, another emergency blanket, candles, cup, hot chocolate, bars, hot shots for hands and toes. Both our spaces are filled to the max.

The prevous poster mentioned everything I would include but I just want to stress having extra antifreeze. I didn't have any with me on my last trip and somehow my cap came loose and I lost a lot. Had to use water to fill it back up and then drain later before it froze. Having the extra antifreeze with me would have saved me a lot of trouble. (no idea how the cap came loose either. It didn't blow off, just came partway open allowing small amounts to begin spraying out.)

I guess put your registration card in there too 'cause when they were checking all my fishing licenses (regular license, trout stamp, fish house license, etc) they started asking about how owned the sleds and where were the registration cards.

------------------
Captain Ken Kessler
www.captainken.com
www.muskieschool.com
Guiding in Illinois and North East Minnesota
847-970-9108 Illinois
218-742-4680 Minnesota

I put Oil, tools, maps, and a towel bach there. The towel is nice so if you spill some gas/oil you can whip it up right away.

I have a belt holder and a spark plug holder so I dont have to put them in the compartment. If I put the plugs in the back they normally end up breaking/bending and so they are no good.

I dont have a liquid so I dont have to worry about anti-freeze.

I do have one Question for all of you.

What do you guys store your oil in so it doesnt break?

------------------
And keep those hooks sharp!