• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Looking for a little info

WCT

I am thinking about buying a snomobile before next winter. I want a large utiity type sled, one with wide track, hi/low range and reverse. Will be used for fishing. Don't care about speed just enough power to get me, my portable and gear to and from the ice.
Any suggestions? Thanks Ol'Sneller

Arctic Cat Bearcat w/at least the 440 motor-pulls like a tank and very basic set-up they all have a long track and two up seat w/rack-for serious hauling it is the only way to go. I have had three grown men and three portable fish houses behind it at once-didn't look pretty but pulled it like it was nothing.

Without a doubt, a Skidoo Skandic SWT (Super Wide Track) will fit the bill. It has all the power you will need and more track (24" wide)than any other. The big skis and wide track float over deep snow. Even though it is a big muscle sled, the ride is exceptional. There is a whole line of Skandics to choose from but from my experience the SWT will out perform anything.

Well I tell you what.. My buddy just got a new sled just for this reason.. He got that new Arctic Cat 4 stroke. This machine is the ultimate work sled and still is a great ride on trails. The gas mileage is unreal.

I am a Skidoo man myslef but I needed a sled and got over my want to hit the drifts and play hard, this would be my choice. You can drive all day on a tank of gas and the power is great and its quiet.

Good shopping.

------------------
Wiskers Guiding Service
Red River, Red Lake River & Minnesota River,for Channel Cats, Flatheads & Walleyes
Crookston, MN
[email protected]

218-280-0442