• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

95 XLT Flickering Headlight

WTN4ICE

At the end of last season I had a flickering headlight problem we checked for loose wires or connections and found none.Could the voltage regulator be the problem ???? I just pulled it out of storage fired it up and noticed the same problem. Any help apperciated.

Talked to a parts guy at Wheels today about getting new bulbs and he said a common problem is pinched wires under the seat. I'll check that out also as I ordered a seat cover,should be in by Sat. Next question...how is the seat attached ??

If it's not bulbs or wires I'll try the regulator.

There should be two bolts (10mm i think) underneath the tunnel in the back that hold the seat on. Take those out, slide it backwards and unhook the brake light connector. There could be a spring up front located in front of the gas tank that holds the tank down too - not sure about the 95's though. You will be able tell once you have those bolts out.

Voltage regulator more than likely.
Plus 1. Mine was doing the same thing and once I replaced the voltage reg it was good to go! I think there was a post on this same Polaris light issue last winter and the fix was the voltage reg as well. They are very easy to replace, one wire & one bolt right behind the pull rope under the eng cover. wink

Picked up the new seat cover after work today.Any tips from anyone who has replaced one..which end to start with ??? Also picked up all new headlight bulbs. Big birthday party for my grandson Sat so hope to work on the sled Sun.