• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

release arm elbow pain

mainbutter

No, it's not normal. If it hurts, you're drawing too much weight. Unless you're planning on hunting moose or grizzlys, what's the point?

Lower poundage and better accuracy - vs - higher weight and probably less accuracy because of pain? There's no choice here in my book.

Lower poundage and better accuracy - vs - higher weight and probably less accuracy because of pain? There's no choice here in my book.

DonBo is spot on IMO. No need to pull enough weight to be hurting your elbow to hunt deer. How much weight are you pulling? Regardless, DonBo is absolutely right- back it off and you'll shoot better and not have elbow pain. If you want to have a better chance at a passthrough on a deer, shoot a heavier arrow and make sure you have razor sharp broadheads...

And this from sad personal experience, it only gets worse as you get older. frown If you're only able to shoot 42 lbs because of some physical ailment, just do what you can to work your way up, don't push it. All in good time. Millions of deen have been killed by 40 lb bows.

I have tendinitis, kinda sounds like what you have but at its worse go to walmart or wallgreens and buy one of bands that go around your forearm, i have to have one when i fish and it helps a lot, all it is a small band that goes around your forarm and it keeps all of thows tendons tight and it relieves elbow pain try that, start pulling at a lower weight and work your way up till its comfortable

Sounds like a bit of tennis elbow or lateral epicondylitis(tendonitis at the elbow). The arm band that was mentioned may do a great deal for you towards relieving the pain. Wear it for a few weeks all day and try to limit repetitive movements that increase the pain, ice it for 20 minutes a couple times a day untill the area is numb and take a regular regieme of ibuprofen morning and evening. It is a very stubborn ailment to get rid of. A DR. can give you a cortisone injection but typically will refer you to physical therapy before giving you an injection. Ice, rest, the arm band and ibuprofen will help it recede but it might take a few weeks. A bicycle inner tube makes a great piece of exercise equipment to strengthen the back and shoulder muscles but untill the elbow pain is resolved I'd stay away from exercises that may irritate the condition worse.

Tunrevir~

Tunrevir~