• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

A couple of months ago, I picked up a Howa 1500 in .270 Winchester. I really like the Houge Rubber Stocks. It came as a package witha Gameking (?) illuminated scope. It does ok. The rifle is accurate. Ive only put about 30 rounds through at 25-70 yards so Im not sure how it will group farther out. I was alo trying some of my handloads in it. Im kinda recoil sensitive. I had Limbsaver recoil pad on my Ruger and Savage. I do not need it with this. The recoil pad on it is sufficent.

Way back before the Klinton era I had an FFL and sold a ton of em under Howa, Smith & Wesson, Mossberg and now again Howa. I have a Vanguard that is Howa made. I have not seen one single one of em that were not shooters right out of the box with factory ammo and really tack drivers when hand loads were developed. I've got a 1981 model 1500 in 06 and son has a .270. The triggers are only so-so that have been replaced with Timneys. I would not hesitate to recommend a Howa in any caliber.