• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Auger Mount

David Swenson

With the hitch on the snowmobile and sled those things ride like a dream. You don't even know it's back there. Bumps are not an issue unless you are going way too fast.

The wife is a good idea, but I think if I want to keep my toys I shall not suggest it to her frown.gif .

I have seen several guys on Crow Lake with the auger bracket mounted on the sled. I travel many miles fishing and going slow is not an option. The auger beats up everything as it also gets beat up in the otter sled. Plus, on warmer days I could move around more and quicker by not having to dig everything out of the sled at every spot.

David Swenson
http://muskieguide.homestead.com/

Yep all good points Dave - I would like to do the same on my sled and was hoping someone here would have some ideas. I wish someone made a commercial mount for us guys that have forgotten how to weld since high school.

I just had to poke a little fun at you smile.gif.

That auger caddy looks like a nice thing to have, but it's sure a lot more than I'm ready to spend. Someone needs to eyeball that thing and try to make a "poor man's auger caddy" out of 2x4's or something. Then post the plans here on the FM site.

Dave

Dave Genz (from the Ice Team) has one that I think is commercially made attached to his. Maybe a call there would give you a point in the right direction. He may make them himself. If nothing else, you might find a pic of one that you and the boys can use to make one.

Ken

what you really need to do is engineer it out, or do what we did on one of our sleds.
there is someone around little falls that builds a bobtail, it bolts to the tunnel and will hold your auger and all your gear.
then there is the other option, there is a dude that builds a basket that also bolts to the tunnel that will hold your auger and other gear,
then there is my buddie, that designed his own system, which has worked the best of all the formentioned ones, again, you have to sit and look at your sled with some buddies, drink a few frosties, and you will come up with something that works great.
the ones we use are up in canada, doing some boondocking into some remote laker lakes.
my buddies that worked the best, I cannot give info for, becuase we might market it.
just engineer it out, and more than likely it will be good enough.